Coronavirus | Mode of Transmission
Coronavirus | Mode of Transmission
Precaution is Better than Cure
All you need to know about coronavirus
Responsible for over 1770 deaths and 70548 reported cases (on paper) as of 17th February 2020, coronavirus is quite an on-trend. Coronavirus is a large family of viruses known to cause respiratory tract infections in various animals especially mammals and flying vertebrates. The name is derived from the Latin word “corona” meaning crown referring to their appearance. They were first discovered in the 1960s, in a chicken. Various other coronaviruses are discovered since then among which SARS-CoV-2 (formerly known as 2019-nCoV) also known as Novel coronavirus. No vaccine or antiviral drug is yet discovered for coronavirus due to its high genetic mutation rate, which helps it develop quick resistance against drugs.
The causative agent of Coronavirus
- This is the most dangerous disease of coronaviruses.
- It is caused by Rhinovirus & coronaviruses‘ most common infection of the upper respiratory tract.
- It does also understood as nasopharyngitis, severe viral rhinopharyngitis, serious coryza, or a stiff.
- The common cold is an infection found in all age groups, predominantly in children 1 to 16 years and old age persons.
- The term common cold is used collectively for colds influenza and other Upper Respiratory Tract Infections (URTI) with similar symptoms.
- These coronaviruses are present in the air for at least most 3 hr. In between contact with any person.
Mode of Transmission of Coronaviruses
- The disease is transmitted mainly through droplet infection.
- It is also transmitted by direct contact with infected persons.
- The virus causes infection to the nose and upper respiratory tract but not to the lungs.
- It is the most frequent infectious disease in children and old age persons.
- It is that also people contact handset or hug.
- This disease is fast transmitted mainly through groups of people.
- It is also transmitted through contaminated objects like books, pens, computer keyboards, mice, etc.
Symptoms of Coronaviruses
- Nasal congestion and discharge, sore throat, hoarseness, cough, headache, Tiredness conjunctivitis (Redness of eyes), muscle aches, fatigue, shivering, etc.
- Usually, the symptoms of the common cold resolve spontaneously in 5 to 8 days.
- The human body in high frequent fever.
- Then also the human body is a low strangest weakness.
- This coronavirus creating a breathing problem.
Prevention in Coronaviruses
- The effective preventive measure remains away from infected persons.
- The best Prevention of social distancing.
- It makes a distance of 1 to 3 meters from other people or infected persons distance of 5 to 10 meters.
- In out-of-home used face masks to protect against viral infection.
- It also used hand rubbing or hand closed.
- Hand washes with planned soap to minimize the risk of infection.
- It is also a better way strong your immunity power.
- In infected cases, inhalation of warm water vapours helps to reduce infection.
- The drugs like citrazean give some relies upon congestion and running, of the nose.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitisers provide very little protection against upper respiratory infections, especially among children and old age persons.
Myths about Coronavirus
- Although there are no drugs discovered against coronavirus, it doesn’t make it 100% fatal. A person with good immunity won’t even realize if he/she was infected and the body will recover itself.
- It is not safe to receive packages or letters from Coronavirus that do not survive long on objects, hence it is secure.
- Can pets spread the new coronavirus? Animals to human transmission are extremely rare and no such cases are discovered yet. It has to be from a human.
- Vaccines against pneumonia preserve you against the unique coronavirus. No vaccine can provide protection against the new coronavirus.
- Sesame oil blocks the new coronavirus from entering the body No, sesame oil does not kill the new coronavirus. Some chemical disinfectants can kill coronavirus but have little or no impact. In fact, it can be very dangerous to put these chemicals under your skin.
- The coronavirus is spreading due to the consumption of meat. Properly cooked meat kills all the microorganisms present in the meat.