Define a Algorithm and Flowchart
- An algorithm is a well-defined finite set of instructions that accomplishes a particular task, which may or may not take input and produce some value as output.
Following are the characteristics of the algorithm
- Input Every algorithm should accept some data as input.
- Output Every algorithm should produce output.
- Finiteness Algorithm must terminate after a finite number of steps.
- Definiteness Each instruction should be clear & unambiguous.
- Correctness For every input instance, it must generate the correct output.
|Image Source ~ Crafted With ©Ishwaranand – 2020 ~ Image by ©Ishwaranand|
Define a flowchart.
Give the symbols used in the flowchart.
- A flowchart is the pictorial or symbolic representation of an algorithm.
- It shows the logic of the algorithm and the flow of control. it uses symbols to represent specific actions and arrows to indicate the flow of control.
Last updated on Tuesday - May 30th, 2023