Distinguish between Plastering vs Pointing..?
Distinguish between Plastering vs Pointing
- Plastering does the process of covering rough covers with plastic surface i.e is Mortar
- To get an even, smooth, regular, clean and durable surface.
- It overcomes the defective workmanship cover-up of unsound & cheap quality materials.
- Pointing is used to denote the finishing of mortar joints.
- In stone masonry or brick masonry
- The joints are racked out up to a depth of 13 mm
- Then space is filled up by suitable mortar in the desired shape
- To protect joints from the adverse effects of the atmosphere & improved appearance.