Hypertension | Hypotension | Cardiac output
Hypertension | Hypoension | Cardiac output
- An increase in blood pressure than the normal range of blood pressure is called hypertension.it is also called high blood pressure. in this, both systolic and diastolic values are higher than the normal values.
- Hypertension is produced due to tension, worries, and less elasticity of blood vessels.it is dangerous because such a person may get heart failure from the attack.
- The decrease in blood pressure to the normal range of blood pressure is called hypotension.it is also called low blood pressure. in this, both systolic and diastolic values of blood pressure are less than the normal values.
- Hypotension is produced due to less volume of blood in the body. it is also dangerous because such a person may get heart failure or attack.
- The total volume of blood pumped by the heart in one minute is called the cardiac output.
- Heart Rate:- The total number of heartbeats per minute is known as the heart rate. in a normal healthy man, the heart rate is 72 beats per minute.
- Stroke Volume:- During each ventricular contraction or systole about 70ml. of blood is pumped out, this is known as stroke volume.
Thus, The cardiac output can be calculated by the formula as, cardiac output=heart rate x stroke volume.=72×70=5040ml.
Thus, The cardiac output of a normal man is about 5 litres per minute.