Types of fixtures and fastening for doors and window
Different types of fixtures and Fastening for doors and window
- This can be of iron, brass and aluminium.
- It should remain reasonably smooth and free from sharp edges and corners.
- Those are commonly black painted about copper oxidized.
- Certain are manufactured in other shapes and sizes to fulfil the functional requirement of doors & windows.
Different types of hinges commonly used for doors and windows are as follows.
- Butt hinges:- This type of hinge is most generally used for fixing door and window shutters to the frame. During a normal size of the door and window, three hinges are used for each shutter.
- Back flap hinges:- Here types of hinges are used with thin shutters where butt hinges can not be used.
- Counter flap hinges:- This type of hinge is used for shutters folded back to back.
- Strap hinges:- This type of hinge is normally used with ledged and braced doors, garage doors, etc.
- Parliamentary hinges:- These types of hinges are used in situations where the door and window opening are required to be kept free of interference action due to shutters when open.
- Garnet hinges:- This type of hinge is also called a T-hinge, and is generally used for battened or ledged and braced doors.
Another type of bolt generally used for doors and windows
- Aldrop bolts:- It is fixed on the external doors where padlocks are to be used.
- Barrel bolt:- It is used for fixing the back face of a door. Each socket is fixed to the door frame while that plate is screwed to the interior of the shutter.
- Hasp and staple bolt:- During this case, the hasp is secured to the shutter whereas some staple is twisted to the door frame.
- Eye and Hook:- This type of fitting is used for keeping the window shutter in position when the window is open.
- Latch:- That consists of a lever pivoted at one edge which can be actuated by a trigger passing through the shutter.
Handles are manufactured in a variety of designs.
- Bow handle
- Wardrobe handle
- Lever handle
- Door handle
- Mortise lock
- Rim lock
- Lever handle lock